Each time you fail a test, jenkins trigger a machine that kills a kitty.
– Should be based on this eXtreme feedback plugin
Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.
– Respect for the noble art of maintenance programming
With the software in production, fixing bugs is akin to repairing a car while it is driving down the road,
long after it has left the drawing board, the assembly line, and the dealer lot. Its as expensive to do as it can possibly be.
– Or trying to build a plane in the cloud
It’s OK to figure out murder mysteries, but you shouldn’t need to figure out code. You should be able to read it.
– Code is first for human… not computer
Limiting cyclomatic complexity in your code is important for one very simple and pragmatic reason that can even be expressed with one word: READABILITY
– Way before making things hard to test, maintain,… it’s just hard to read.
“Never in the field of software engineering has so much been owed by so many to so few lines of code.” – Martin Fowler
– In my case Junit
I don’t care that it works on your machine. We are not shipping your machine !
– It scales only if you have one client.
Quality isn’t a tool – You can’t install it!
– But a good tool that ‘talks’ to managers and developers is welcomed
Don’t make this method/field static it’s like crossing stream… It would be bad.
– Same should apply for all classes ending with